Tuesday, January 07, 2003

Tuesday 7th January

Didn't get into work yesterday, barfed after breakfast - for what seemed ages. Complete with Nausea and abdo pain. Eventually settled and went back to sleep. Woke about 2 with what felt like a hangover. Generally not good fluids only today I think. Recovered later in the evening and spent the night getting ready for Jacks visit. Booked some time away at half term in Flaxton 9 miles north of York.
I slept very poorly, reading for a while Stupid White Men by Michael Moore. First time I have come across him but its excellent stuff. Still awake around four and lay there for a couple of hours, I was tortured with dreams and thoughts of large meals, I was overwhelmed by the amount of stuff I used to ingest.
Jack arrived early and set up his portable table in the front room, I was feeling quite nervous never having had anything like this before. It was not he said like swedish massage which he said was like a tickling. This was a medium sports massage. He started with me on my back and did my legs, it felt like he was using a series of implements but he assured me it was all his hands. It was hard work for him and painful for me. It did feel good when he stopped though. He rolled me over did back of the legs and then proceeded to pummel my legs shoulders neck and spine. He saved the bit in spasm till last it hurt but it feels better now. He said it might take two or three days to get the full benefit. It seemed a lot of work for 15 quid I was impressed. He stayed for a coffee afterwards, advised me to drink plenty of water and no alcohol tonight. Feels like a positive step - he said the tightness was not to do with my spine, and the muscle felt softer afterwards. A good investment.

No comments: