Tuesday, August 16, 2005

On feeling fat and miserable.

Yes I have put on weight. I know why, my consumption of energy has exceeded my energy expenditure. Its Newtonian physics simple stuff, first law of thermodynamics.

Booger. This could drag me down further into an abyss, I could start to believe that this is the beginning of the end. That within months I will crack twenty stone and all is lost.

Or alternatively I can sit down and rationally make a plan (that would be a first). So I need to decrease energy intake and increase energy expenditure.

Initial obstacle is our holidays which loom large. I have a date with moules frites, lobster, cider and many other local specialties. Breakfast is a feast in France for me, after a trot to the boulangerie its croissant jambon and fromage. So serious plans will be adjourned. Just start applying the brakes to the supertanker between now and Friday have a good holiday then back into gear. Jean and I resolve to do something in September. Diets don’t do it for me but I need structure.

Reductil is a drug used to help manage obesity, I can’t go on it because it interacts with the prozac. They do however run a sort of programme you follow when you are on it. I got a few copies of the kit at a conference so I am going to try it. To fully register you need a batch number from a pack of the stuff but we shall do an unplugged version.

I shall document it in the blog for posterity, and to enable reflection.and I shall even be weighing and analyzing my body fat on a weekly basis. I need to get it under control before the NOF gig in October.

Still I have the holiday to look forward to and I cant wait.

Before anyone is tempted to castigate me for weight gain excessive consumption try this for three years, the phrase it isn’t a magic pill becomes very clear.

Seems clear I either tackle this head on – or sit vegetate and eat more.

 

 

No comments: