Thursday, October 05, 2006

Thursday Early start for me

Try to get in to the suite post haste but end up dressing in the taxi, at one point I have 1 shoe, no belt, a tie, no shirt, bill grundies and an anorak. Eventually leave just minus keys. Hit the suite go and weigh a mate (as you do). Then its into the first meeting, a lady commissioner from the darkest south west. Nice lady and the team do a good turn, all looking joined up. Then its in to the RGN ward meeting where I end up doing a mini intro - I feel a complete tit introducing myself to people who have been working with me for months. Its worth it though, one person didnt realise I was a nurse I tried to dispel the professional chatter myth and got willingly roped in to do some gigs on staff training. I wonder what they think I have been doing - I decide its better not to ask. I help someone with powerpoint then get on do with the patient 5 to see. I witness courage and honesty that is humbling. I go home feeling kinda nursey - florence would be proud. Off to london tomorrow so need to go to the airdressers (note not frank) and get me locks shorn. Need prescription and other crap s0rting to.

No comments: