Wednesday, October 04, 2006

ITunes Tuesday

I have a day off from the day job today so thats good. I immerse myself in some me time. After getting Ally up and off to school ( ajob she needs no help with) I lie in and relax. I do some charity work and some wholesale surfing. Lunchtime finds me heading to Allerton Road and aftersome indecision I settle for hampers. I opt for the club sandwich - and while tea is served I ponder the fellow diners. Polish builder, retired couple, undertakers receptionsts( one who looks like the practice doll for the funeral parlours make up artist, camp estate agent, old lady with two therapists, and sad old git sat on his own (no thats me). Sandwich is bigger than I need,but tasty. i get the 75a home and end up getting lobbed off one bus - shoved on to another then told to get off there. I end up cursing both stagecoach drivers and get rained on. Gits. mutter mutter mutter, I wander along with Ipod in bopping and doing local looney impression. I am dancin to the puppini sisters version of the smiths panic (you need to hear it to understand).
Arrive home and more chilling. Surfing. Ally and I do enchilladas and lasagne, ggod stuff. Regular readers will note regularity of lasagne intake - ask ally I was an addict. After tea I hatch a cunning plot to give health advice to cab drivers and bus passengers - captive audiences. Then its off to ma in laws despite absence of Jean (who phonestwice and is enoying herself). At home I surf and discover ITunes and have pleasure downloading toons. Then go to bed watching a raunchy DVD. It is actually the official history of the aircraft carrier "the Ark Royal" but having complete control of the telly I am in serious pleasureville. I fellasleep before the end though which is a major dissapointment. Fell asleep at the point she was downgraded to a through deck cruiser - what we want is a big floating city type thing American fashion. Though I note George Dubyas policy is to use the British isles as a sort of aircraft carrier to extend his reach. I get grumpy about American foreign policy.

No comments: