Saturday, October 07, 2006

From British museum

Met Jean after sheananigans with her minicab she had the predicted kip. I trotted along TCR. Not much still open which was good, meant I didn't waste money. Found essential goods mooched and wandered back. Booked ino luthyens restaurant as we were both goosed. Had a chicken lemongrass wan ton starter jean had a duck spring roll. She had sea bass I had rack of lamb with sweetpotato and spinach spring roll. Most delicious sweets looked excellent but we were both full. Retreated to bed and watched TV. I felll asleep before Jonny Ross. Good breakfast in the am then sauntered up to the british museum. Did the main highlights then caught a volunteers guide doing the sutton hoo room. He was crap, he didn't even know what ashield boss was. Some yank read it out and he said oh yes a very small shield - yeah right for the 6inch pygmies of viking land. Doesn't he watch time team. Still the exhibits impressed Jean. Highlight for me was getting up close and personal with the rosetta stone. Last time I visited with mqargerison it was chokka and I didn't get an eyeful. I must read some more about the thing but it seems to have three versions of the same decree which allows us to translate evrything. Cool.
Elgin marbles - verdict cack give em back. In fact if you give everything back we robbed there would be shag all here.

1 comment:

Kieran said...

Cool place the British Museum, concur on the amount we robbed, troubl with the Elgin Marbles is they wouldn't roll very well if you wanted to play with 'em. Loved the shield boss business, made me howl with laughter. One of the best things about my time at UCL was that I got to go to the British Museum a room or two at a time.