Sunday, October 08, 2006

Shopping and theatre

So after museum we headed fopr new oxford street. I only took us a mile in the wrong direction. Ho humm. New oxford was too busy for me. I did score the required socks and scrons and a new coat. Collezione in M+S. Had a drink in starbucks then wandered. Jean did present shopping I sat outside selfridges. Went b ack to the hotel jean had a kip I wandered looking for shops. Found a jessops closing down. Got me a monopod a tripod bag and a beanbag. Happydays. Woke jean went to china town for tea. Very nice lady talked us slowly through what we wanted. Had the best ever wor tip. Known here as grilled pork dumplings, har gau and spring rolls. Then a portion of duck some noodles and pak choi with garlic. Then found criterion theatre at piccadilly circus where we laffed our way through the 39 steps. It was a hoot home via tube drink in bar then bed. Will need an early night tonight. Saw jean off to euston in a cab then got tube from to charing cross. Arrived at national portrait gallery and enjoyed angus mcbean exhibition. Then to main gallery and then shop and gafff. Now sat on steps of national gallery wondering what to do next. Royal stuff? Parliament stuff? Museum stuff or shopping stuff. Shopping equals second hand camera stuff by the way. Sitting in the sun is another option. If it stays out. I also need to draft a change to the charity bye laws re constitution. Oh write my annual report and a chapter for my meeting with the publisher. So much to do but sod it here's the sun. I will top up my weathered look for tomorrow. The NOF - force in ascendancy or on its way out - discuss. Certainly my view opf what I am doing there in the last 3 years has changed. Initially they thought surgery was fringe. Now it is more mainstream, but the british economic side seems a heap bigger business. I am concerned that individuals will be forced into "quick fix" solutions that aren't for them.

No comments: