Tuesday, March 04, 2003

Tuesday PM

Got into work about 9.30, meeting went well. Off to Peters funeral, it clearly hadn't struck me that he was really dead. Terribly upsetting funeral, I know thats obvious but this was big league. 37 not ill, then bumf dead, serious ruminations about mortality during the service. Old folks who have lived good lives, or people who have been ill and in pain I can handle but this seems too rough. Jean is really upset. Met up with John (brother in law)on the way in, met By pass Simon and Gibbo on the way out. Service was killer one of his workmates broke down while giving a tribute about him. Clearly a popular bloke the church was standing room only a beautiful church Holy Trinity. The Curate did a top job and it was one of the best talks I have heard at a funeral and I have just been wandering round and found out he does a blog top man, I'm going to send him an email
Managed to work out the last time I was with Peter was the night before I got married 15 years ago. Mike and I had gone to the Coffee House for a quiet couple of steadiers, and we met Pete and Si in there. That was one of many good nights I had in there with those boys. So it seemed apt when Gibbo suggested going there after the service. We raised a glass and toasted him and recalled old times. Had some laughs about him and the old days. We went in what was left of the old bar and there was a country/blues band practising in there. That put the top hat on a surreal day.

No comments: