Tuesday, March 04, 2003

Tuesday Am

Early start - seems to be working breakfast on board before 8. Just need to sit still for 30 mins or so. Is work before 9 feasible? Before going out last night I went for a walk, once round the block in the rain, most enjoyable. Had a good night last night with Mick Ian and Gordon. First round I got a pint of guiness, recomended to me for its lack of fizz. (Being a child of the 60's I am convinced it has strange medicinal powers).Got about 60% of it down, not an unpleasant taste. Can't drinks halves of beer, I aint no Ken Barlow. Then went on to red wine and a tap water chaser. There was football on, real ale, and a lively atmosphere. Won a few CAMRA awards good place, just down from the ASDA, opposite the old workhouse which was a hospital I proudly closed, (one of my better achievments in mental health work). Can't beat a rant with a bunch of old mates, top stuff - world to rights and all that. For four of us the last round was tapwater. 2 tonic waters and a pint of draught bass. Ian is diabetic, I am a health nut (haha) , Mick was driving and Gordon had a pint.
Get to work team meeting, better cobble an agenda or something, funeral then work from Home. Fit in a gym attack as well. 19 members on the site now -its taking off.

No comments: