Friday, March 21, 2003

Friday what happened to the week

I got into see Frank He confirmed that it looks like I'm too high and may well be suffering from Bipolar affective disorder. First thing he stopped the anti-depressants, and prescribed three new meds. Aim being to slow me down and try to stabilise my mood. Two weeks off work, at least. Bit frustrated at having to slow down being high sure beats being low. I realise though untreated I will only get worse and head for trouble. A very upsetting time and the news takes a few days to sink in. Still not sure it has sunk in properly. Feel like it has knocked me sideways. Feeling like not taking the tablets but surprisingly compliant. Went to the gym on Wednesday Frank has banned me from exercise but I have lost another kilogram. Jean and I go for a walk in Sefton Park and have a picnic lunch outside the Palm House.Thursday and Friday pass in a blur but I have slowed down and a sleeping better. Going to see Frank on Tuesday. He has signed Jean off work, which I am glad a bout as I would suffer in the house without her.
Frank rang at 7 last night to see how we are doing, what a star. He advises we wait a week or so for the meds to kick in then do some research. He will also be sending me to see Prof Morris at the Royal. Taking it easier with visitors in case I get too excited, the rule is ring Jean first.

No comments: