Monday, March 10, 2003

Monday morning

Restless nights sleep, woke up the news that Clare Short has threatened to resign - good on her. Jean Ally and I are irate about this war stuff. So I send Tony a letter
text here
"Copy of a letter I sent to Tony Blair this morning by post


Dear Tony, I was born in 1961, voted at my first election in 1979, then suffered for how many years under two tory leaders, and sat through two wars of dubious necessity. One of the happiest, proudest days of my life was the day you were elected. I thought at last a chance, for someone who cares to run the country. I was peturbed by the tuition fees for university, but stood by you. Some other things you have done have worried me, but above I felt you were a principalled man who would do the right thing. You even looked capable of bridge building with the Europeans, which would have been an impressive feat.
Take a look at where you are now, This american president is plum crazy, do us a favour stand up and tell him, war - no way. You could forever be remembered as the man who saved us from war. He is a nasty bully, he doesn't need us and you could lead the revolt. Think about it a united europe, I have yet to meet many people who think this war is a good idea. Granted I tend to mix with pinko guardian readers, but we are the people who have stood by you. If we go to war, they will be no one to vote for at the next election. Too many people will die, some of my friends have gone over there, and I am worried. This year I have had life saving surgery, go on make my remaining years happy ones. Say no to George. Jean,Ken and Ally Clare

I know its not that good a letter but someone has to tell him - is it treason to call Dubya plum crazy, I have told the girls that I will do the time if required. I copied it to the guardian letters page and I know its not much but I feel better for it. Do you know you cannot email the primeminister - e-government my A**E.
Anyway off to work now via the opticians and the Asda. Bananas required.

No comments: