Monday, March 03, 2003

Monday Morning

What a busy day yesterday. Lunch went well, though it was the first time the team have performed on such a scale since the op. I have to admit I was so wound up by the time it arrived I couldn't eat much. Watched the cricket an saw England lose to the Aussies, very sad. Good lunch and company. Tina and Chris and their two youngsters arrived about 4.30 and stayed till eightish. I hope we helped them the kids enjoyed watching men in black 2 while we sat in the dining room discussing more serious issues. Every time I meet someone pre-op it brings back everything I was feeling before. Fear trepidation etc. I also promised to add Tina to my positive vibes list. Several of you reading this are on it and at quiet moments I say a few prayers and stuff, and it seems to work. (Expect the headline tomorrow Ken Clare in prayer shocker). Ok enough religious ranting but have a positive vibe for Tina nad her family next Monday.
I learnt a lot from them and opening your home to almost strangers is an uplifting experience. As a safety guideline I only see people from the net with Jean and accompanied by a friend partner or significant other. We laughed too, mainly at me because since the op I can't shut up and I was bad before but now......
Anyway everyone is different but I recommend anyone having the op to speak to as many people as possible and soak up info like a sponge. Also anyone reading this blog my post op complications were unusually large and longlasting. I have met 3 people who have never barfed since the op. I was unlucky, and I would still do it all again.
New plan to day work full time this week. Change in routine and breakfast before pills today. Pills in work, so thats a mid morning snack of prozac, vioxx and zoton finished off with a multivit. Ok prozac and religion I know I'm a bad case. I'd rather tell people though rather than them finding my pills and wondering. Anyway off to the team brief, where the boss hands out news like tablets of stone, or some thing like that. Might be a few people I aint seen for months.

No comments: