Friday, July 02, 2004

Thursday

Start the day early off to see Frank. GP not barber. Told me off for doing too much and told me to rest more. Frustrated in extremis. Top up scripts. Am pleased to announce my vioxx has been discontinued after some 2years on that and my years of analgesia for arthritis. Vioxx is a potent expensive med without the cosnstipating effects of opiates and is gut protective. The thought of no more arthritis meds is a real victory. Back home and to bed under docs orders. To get up again at 11.30 to get ready to go to dn. Another landmark in my recovery. Forgot to mention dropping into Tesco for first visit of day. Margaret is on duty. Spose an update of wounds is required. Two where the drains were both getting cleaned and packed with aquacell. Sorbsan absorbent pad applied then tiele. 3rdwound at top on staple linen where the staples burst. That is cleaned then mepore is applied over aquacell. The whole caboodle is then mefixed in. Forgot to mention Frank said I had peritonitis, on reflection I knew I did just peeved I have missed a vital dramatising opportunity. Shucks. Still just have to slap it on big time.
Margaret is as amusing as ever and comments how svelte I look. Svelte, moi? She says its the first time she has seen me dressed, which must be a shock and relief at the same time.
Off to starbucks to meet kim catch up the latest and am cheered up. Enjoy a chiclken salsa pannini delicious for an under 5% delight. Then off to Tesco, pick up script. Get home go to bed. Jean and ally come in. I. Go get ruth. And my mum, the Brownes arrive and its showtime. First of all its off to hope street, 2 tomato basil soups, 1 salmon terrine, 2 duck confits. 1 grillled mullet and 4 honey roast belly pork. Delish. We are actually in the other place. Fine stuff.
Then its off to the summer pops to see Jools Holland. Top gig, I like a bit of big band sound, most enjojoyable get home and am absolutley whacked.

No comments: