Monday, July 12, 2004

Monday - Tesco woes

Day starts fairy well got up early for me 8.30 ish. Get quite a few things sorted. Parcel arrives, delivered by Ian Cooper, a boy last seen as a surly youth in the Boys Brigade. He had several brothers as I recall. He is divorced and getting married again. Felt rather unusual in still being on first wife. Was trying to work how old he must have been in comparison to me. Don't have a clue. Impossible.
Tesco delivery booked for 9-11 slot. No show by 11.55 website shows status of my order as "delivered" - nah. I know that aint true. I ring the helpline and after a long answerphone message am put through to a customer service manager - George. I have a later appt today at the practice. Will tomorrow do says george no says ken. That's tonights tea. He resolves by agreeing delivery at 5.30 and refund of delivery. Polite and went out of his way to sort it. He will never last. Started my first foray into the chicklit genre. PS I love you, currently number 2 in the charts. Recommended by friend Kim. Its a moving tale, ally has already expressed an interest. Off to practice, margaret and tony. See frank blood test all marginal lows - repeat in a month. I tell him I am whacked yes he says that's what I would expect. Fair enuff frank, tells me to be more patient. Hmmmmmm. Off to greenbank for lunch and then up the drive to walton.

No comments: