Saturday, February 14, 2004

Thursday NPfIT hits the ground

First meeting with CSC our LSP at 3TC. I need an acronym guide at it aint started. I have to get up early ablute medicate etc and be on the road before 8.40. I manage it and make it up Queens drive to the Dock Road and into Crosby. Arrive in the nick of time its a three line whip and everyone wants to know the score. Acute care 1 primary care nil it seems. CSC send a man and two other geezers in attendance 0- one of whom was a change manager. (I keep all mine in a drawer in the kitchen). Does me. Midway through a magical transformation takes place in me - I regain my confidence - I realise I have a real valid and positive contribution to make. Good news. I stay behind and have a few butties. It finished early the guy we really needed didnt come. Still look on the bright side I'll have to come in next week for a rearranged meet in me hols deep joy. NPfIT dont respect half term.
Taking advantage of the early dart I scoot to Thornton to see some old friends. Thornton is a strange place in the middle of howhere the clinic was gonna close but it seems to have been improved and Muriel the Boss looks well. Dave Wadd the continence king is there too. Then I'm off to Hammy House for a meet with Janet - Big stuff round data quality. Wander home via the library cool dudes but they need some bubble wrap. Pop into Somerfiled and bump into Mark Kelly ex of Sefton General also Frank Brailsford also of that Parish now retired. I get into discover I floooded the bathroom by turning on the shower instead of turning off the light the girls aint best pleased.
Then chill with a piece of toast before picking up Billy from the cell. We have been paired up and have to go off and get to know each other better. Billy and I are off for a curry. Masterchef is the venue of choice Omar the maitre d' does a double take but recognises me. Billy is sound a christian for 10 years and a real inspiration. It gives me a chance to ask really stupid questions about cell and frontline in a safe environment. All of the answers are cool but I may struggle with the churchs stance on homosexuality. An excellent night and home.

No comments: