Sunday, February 29, 2004

More BAFTA winners

So the day starts handy. Getting ready for the arrival of the production team from Granada factual. Doing a 12 parter for Discovery Health and Leisure. I am in a couple of bits potentially. So today is filming for a 7 minute slot in one of the early episodes. They arrive at 11.15 Manus the producer, Louise his assistant and Manus' mate. Manus is a top guy won a BAFTA for his work on Faking it. Never seen it, it arrived in a parcel with no padding and had broken. Louise had worked with Carol Vorderman on some home decorating stuff.
Had a brew at home then off to the gym for some shots of me exercising. Must admit it is more exerting than usual, and people dont wanna speak to me. Jean and Ally hang out in the restaurant and I join them afterwards. Mint and pea soup and prawns for me very cool. All courtesy of the budget.Then its of to the park for some shots of me and Jean. We are miked up to provide background "atmos" his words not mine. We then spend well over an hour at the Palm House our butts is frozen off. I then realise that manus took so long coz he was getting layered up. Jean and Ally go off and I go to town with the gang. Park in paradise stret then its a brisk dash to Castle Street outside the Town hall. See some bevved up lads dropping their kecks so decide to wait a while before some location shots of the liver builuding and then an interview about how I felt about running in the corporate cup. Freezing again. Noisiest location in Christendom and I have to stop several times to chisel the dew drop from me nose. We finish so me and Louise go into Starbucks Dale Street Store. There is a wireless hotspot The charges aint clear but 5.50 an hour seems steep to me. Manus and mate join us then home again. I learn a lot about Guiiness and Dublin on the way home. Then its 2 hours of questions and filming a long day but they seem happy. Chill and off to be. Realised walking round Palm house that Lent lasts longer than 40 days. Not the best news.

No comments: