Thursday, December 04, 2003

Thursday -

Wake up ninish and remember that a visit to SAJMH PCTC is indicated. Sir Alfred Jones Memorial Hospital Primary Care Treatment Centre for the acronymically challenged. Found a nice snap. Not sure who the geezer was but probably some victorian philanthropist, Liverpool abounds with em the Rathbones, Ethel Wormald, Florence Melly, Mabel Fletcher et al. Anyway Frank had sent me for bloods including a fasting glucose. Iron Thyroid Liver, basically what Frank calls his alive or dead tests FBC, a gamut of tests to rule out physical causes of depression. A very nice lady does them, I am seen by several members of staff, who dont recognise me. then its off to Boots opticians at ASDA where I get Allys glasses fixed. then back home for a late breakfast. then Colin picks me up for atrip to Blessed Sacrament Church Walton. Couldn't find a website This was the best I could do. A nice service by a very nice Parish Priest. I have been to many funerals of people I hardly knew. Comes of my mental health days, i always thought it showed respect turning up to funerals of staff etc, did the whole spectrum from the tearjerker to the plain ridiculous. Still grief is a personal gig. I know when me dad dies there were one or two geezers in the crowd from work and its appreciated, dont cost much but goes down well. I remember when Jean worked for social services one of her colleagues died and nobody from management turns up -reason - no policy. Policy my jim Royle what happened to doin the right thing. I had a special funeral coat, replete with pennies for the poor kids. i loved em and always found some material for the book I'll never write. Take mother to ALDI a depressing gaff, german discount supermarket which she loves.Get home and chill bigtime.

No comments: