Monday, December 08, 2003

Things can only get better

I'm off to see Frank and get the repeat scripts required. He had asked work about my half pay situation last week and it would appear I am already on it deep joy. It seems catatrosphic at the time but soon takes on more realistic dimensions. Not the best news though. In touch with Kim who is meeting me for lunch tomorrow.
Get home and fall into bed more through inertia than tiredness though drop off. Wake about one and hotfoot it to Greenbank for a bowl of soup. Most enjoyable.
Then its a quick nip up queens drive to Walton hospital, where even more demolition has taken place since I was last there.
The clinic is poorly set up admin wise though the presence of Gail from weight management clinic days is pleasing. She weighs me , about 5k out I reckon or things really are bad.. Still its the balance scale and they are a pile of poop. Then into see Mr James - "so you have skinfolds" what problem does that cause you? Interesting question had I been less depressed I might have fashioned a more interesting answer. He doesn't seem enamoured with the concept of plastics for post bariatric boys. He tries to tell me of the risks of surgery. He then points out that what he thinks is secondary to what the PCT will pay for which I knew. Not much good news generally don't do skin fold on people with BMI >26 mine is 34 according to him thought 32 in my book. Hmmmmm doesn't go well, he sort of tells me how this bariatric thing aint been thought through and people should have clarified this, he then gives me some population based data about quality of life. I guess I end up feeling a bit sorry for him coz he probably has more people to treat than operating capacity. Things don't seem helped by the fact I should be at Whiston really either. So loose more weight, and find someone more friendly to bariatrics. That's the plan.

No comments: