Saturday, December 13, 2003

Didn't sleep well last night

I am still feeling it. I feel drained absolutely shot at and finding it near impossible to motivate myself. Jean assists and drags me out to Williams Garden Centre the annual scene of our Christmas Tree pilgrimage. Deep joy how I love this day, a lowpoint of the festive season. It is acquired easily enough and at incredibly reasonable rate of 29.99 for a noble fir. Seems too easy and it is. The helpful boy trims it up to fit in the red container. Well when we get it hoe we realise his red containers are different size wise to our red containers. So off into the garden to trim it up. As well prepared as I am in the DIY line I attack it with a teaspoon. Not good. Hell I am traumatised, I was severely disturbed by the notices in the garden centre tellin me that I need to chop a centimetre off the end and stand in water for five hours then stay outside till the 20th December...me or the tree? I dunno.
So after much shenanigans its off to the garden centre for Jean to purchase the right size pot for the tree. I meanwhile busy myself drawing up a rota for watering the boy through the night. the sign said five litres a day, thats more than me.
After a fuss we get it in. Humph - don't like this day very much. After a lasagne lunch its off to the gym, for triceps and shoulders. Cardio wise I am slow but steady. Eva is there and its her last day before a month off and a trip home to Belgium. She lives in Leuvel.
Then its off home and Jean had started the Christmas preparations. Tesco online shop arrives ad it is without doubt the biggest mess we have ever had. I am not impressed. We were doing the soft drinks shop to stock up and a take advantage of their triple points offer. We are last on the van run and the geezer says he is empty - so someone is enjoying our coke lemo water etc. A call to Tesco.com call centre sorts out the refund and the re-delivery of our missing items tomorrow. Shock as pop idol kicks out smug boy who looked set to win. Excellent piece slating him and the show in screen burns in the Guardian guide.

No comments: