Sunday, March 05, 2006

Thursday the best laid plans...............

1 minute I am sat at the pc multitaskng sorting out emails, helpline blog and website business.
Next I am smelling incense watching a fireball take shape outside the window before it turns into a space shuttle launch pad.
I hear the words "We have a situation here. "As I spin and fall. To the ground. My headaches and my eyes feel like they are bleeding. My mouth leaks blood and saliva. Sirens phones ringing and voices in the distance. Allys distresswed voice trying to rouse me. I am in some other world one step beyond reality.
Paramedics arrive and I hear voices in the room and I am aware of voice and phone traffic. I hear them talking about a heavy man who has had a seizure in an awkward location. They need some help and another van with a taillift.
Next thing I know me and 3 paramedics headed to Royal. I had anotherfit and hear them giving someone (me IV Diazemuls ). We arrive at the royal amd I am triaged to resus. One scary place for sure. After an exam I am transferred to the CDU(clinical decision making unit). A kind nurse gives me cornflakes, they are divine. Then I get transferred to the room next door. There 10 of us a right mixed bunch.

No comments: