Thursday, March 30, 2006

Let's eat in Woolton.

Having spied out this caff gaff last week during the day we hit it for the full treqtment on wednesday night. We were tempted by the promise of morgans 99.395 two course specialk but the fare was dissapointing in the limited choice. We also found the use of the phrase chukie egg on a menu offensiove in the extreme.
So we hit LE initial welcome was warm and gave way to gushing. The menu s came quickl along with an explanation of the specials which was nigella like in its delivery. This girl had tasted most of the things and was keen (skinny too I must note). Starters were a good range, I was torn between bacon wrapped king scallops and fried chicken livers. Avid blog watchers will be aware of the offal trend. Setttled for scallops and jean had king prawns. Mains a tough choice. I plump for dover sole and jean for red snapper both of the specials board. I have also fancied the full on dover sole but been to scared to try. I tell this to Carlos the gushing owner who offers a tutorial. I am twitchy during the menu as I have realised the identity of the only other diners. Jean oft accusses me of false recognition but I am deffo right and I am scared. It was our ex gardener who is married to sister of our ex cleaner. Jean agrees and we were both jittery. The food was tops served with broccoli carrots and lyonnaise potatoes (note I must google a recipe). My fish was a delight the drinks are cheap and the staff charming. Is this undiscovered paradise. I must note my tasting of the chocolate port a bizarre australian phenomenon. Carlos proudly boasts he is the firrst in the north west to have this. Great meal well done.

No comments: