Monday, March 06, 2006

Sunday

I continue to ask crave and beg release from the pain, all to no avail. I ask about the results of my ct - not available. I continue to whinge and at 7pm they relent and call the junior doc. Oliver arrives - nice guy thorough neuro exam nowt obvious to me. He says he test my cranial nerves. I try to stop myself going gaga by remembering them.
Optic
Olfactory
Oculomotor
Trigeminal
Trochlear
Abducens
Facial
Auditory
Glosso-phayrngeal
Vagus
Accesory
Hypo-Glosseal
Remembered by the nemonic O O O to touch and feel a girls vagina and hymen
or summat about on old olympus towering tufts


Anyway he goes off to see if he can find my CT results - he doesnt come back but his senior does. He does more of the same neuro tests.
He asks me what I think is wrong with me - I said I am a pessimistic hypochondriac and I think I have had a bleed. You have he says with a stern face.
You could have knocked me down with a feather. You need to go to Walton. Nurse not happy he tries to establish venous access unsuccessfully. Gets a phlebotomy boy - nurse has row with boy over whethyer I need one. I am a tad cross but Peter in next bed ready to start Gulf war 3 on my behalf.
He says he will get a bed soon as he can - Nurse 1 says it will be days, Nurse 2 packs my kit, doctor tells me next bed is mine
Nurse 2 tells me I can go when theres an ambo. Its 11pm - I try to kip 3am they wake me - I am off to the Neuro centre Cairns ward. Booked for ct angio in the am then listed for theatre. Neurosurgeon/radioligist explain the risks and choices. Yipee I am in a cut the top of me head off if the aching goes. Good news I think approaching my brainbox through m femoral arteries. deep joy.

No comments: