Thursday, March 09, 2006

Recap

Wake. quite early its thursday I have to try sort my head abd get things staight
So a timeline machester tuesday
Headaches wednesday
Fits and admiision to AMU!/3A thursday
Ct scan friday
Pain got reallty bad in satueday junior eventully looks at ne and my ct scan sunday. He is scared and need to spea tod boss. Together they tell me I have an aneurysm an a bleed. I ned to go walton neuro the nurse prefer their diagnosis of withdrawiin. Alky. They say it will be days afore I go to walton centre surpried when I lam moved at 3amm clarrked in by a great doc. Go for a ct and Angio at 11am. Decide that I need coils putting in my aneurysm. Dead cool stuff but still shits me up An american view and The Nice view
i dont like this bit

Intracranial aneurysms are dilated blood vessels within the skull. Usually, the cause is unknown but people with genetic causes of weak blood vessels are more likely to develop aneurysms.

Rupture of intracranial aneurysms causes subarachnoid haemorrhage and has a poor prognosis. About 30% of people die within 24 hours and a further 25-30% die within 4 weeks.bit of a diagram nice

The traditional treatment for ruptured or unruptured aneurysms involves open surgery to clip the abnormal blood vessels inside the skull.

Apols if I don't make sense in parts (its how I feel)
After theatre where the team are excellent I am recvered in HDU where the professional impresses. Only a four bedded gaff but I felt safe and attended to. Next morning a seam less shift change a youngster from ITU helps me get washed etc and I feel slightly alive. Pain relief good paracetamol and codeine and tramodol for breakthrough pain. I am some cerebral antispasmodics. After discussion in there I am transferred back to cairns ward.Which looking back must have been tuesday pm

1 comment:

Kieran said...

Good to see this post. Much relief over at Loopy Towers. Has me scurrying around discovering about the coils. You're right they do sound like a cracking bit of kit. Positive vibes, man. Thinking of you.