Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Wednesday

Monday didn't do much tuesday went to work and had christmas dinner. Embarrassed by christmas cards. Done three meetings. Inspired as ever and realisation about childhood comes home. Been to see peter k my psychologist this am. Top bloke says I am doing well. Feel like I have made progress on the bipolar front this year. Settled on meds coped with crap and only a couple of blips. The challenge of sobriety at christmas looms large. I feel certain it will be helped by the driving licence. I suspect this may be my first christmasw sans booze since about the age of 6. I can remember how in the monochrome 60's colour was injected at christmas. Babycham pony calypso snowballs glace cherry watneys red and bullseye brown. Even the tot glasses my mum served the booze in were swirling patterns of orqange and violet and blue and yellow. I think ruby port and lemon was my first drink. We had a decanter. More for visual effect than port sieving reasons. Other names that were evocative of the season cherry B whiskey mac green ginger wine then there was all the weird coloured drinks that now form the basis of cocktails. Blue curacao, green creme de menthe (as favoured by the pope). My mum has always sought a liquer that she enjoyed de kuyper ammaretto tia maria drambuie shandy,

No comments: