Sunday, December 03, 2006

Saturday and Sunday

Committee meeting so I am off to nottingham central trains. Uneventual journey. Arrived in good time to a barely unrecognised Jackie. My how people change in this game. Useful meet sort out some practical stuff. Steak sandwich for lunch and surreal experience of christmas dinner on a night when the mgowners club seem to be having their annual bash. 300 couples in evening dress me in boots and scruffy kecks. Trot home to holiday inn express where we are staying. I manage to walk through a mile of mud and vegetation -n pitch black and howling wind. When I arrive I discover I have been walking paralell to a gravelled path. Doh. Lousy sleep turning things over. No heating in hotel bad wind outside and in. Late almost missed breakfast amid other residents complaining. Get nice volvo taxi to nottingham grab americano then train home. Girls are out for lunch. I will pick up a pie at m+s at the station.

No comments: