Sunday, December 24, 2006

Twas Christmas Eve in the Workhouse

A peaceful day and the back ache which had troubled me has subsided. Most preparations underway for calorie fest tomorrow. Beef and Turkey forming the protein with spuds for carbs, carrots sprouts and peas and winter roast veg. Pavlova and christmas pud for afters. Tonic water for me.

Watch the end of apollo 13 on the box. Jean goes visiting cousins I wrap pressies Ally out with her cousin Hannah at Damons in speke.  Not my sort of gaff but I stay in and feel guilty that I havent bought Jean enough presents - Ally made the feeling worse by telling me Jean had got me loads. Off to a meeting tonight gonna pop into me mas on the way. Got some M&S belgian chocolate biccies off Eleanor and eat too many. Check out the christmas cards - good news from Sandra and Mike (and Orlaith) she is expecting again. She pops in the blog now and again. I shall where my toonarmy christmas hat tomorrow in her honour.

No comments: