Thursday, September 01, 2005

On the benefits bus.

A hurried start to the day JK picked me up to reclaim the car from GBE Lookers. I actually felt sorry for the bloke who was a lousy liar sat there spinning yarns. I was embarrassed for him, though that doesn't justify the aggro and grief that the lousy service I experienced caused. Then its running round to catch my sister at my mums, take the rabbit to the vet and get holiday prints done at asda. Pick up a few groceries and saddened that the lady points out how polite and unusual my thank you was.
All done its time to call the jobcentre plus helpline. Plus - my arse. It must have been really bad before. After a queing system and recorded message designed to drive away but the most determined and deaf. I get through the boy is helpful but assumes a) its ok to address me by my christian name and b)its ok to call me kenneth.
So I filled in this 30 odd page form which they sent me 3 weeks ago and they sent back to me saying there is a new procedure and I need to ring the call centre. So the boy reads the script. Keeps calling me kenneth can't answer questions till the end. All the easy stuff date of birth NINO (National Insurance number). He seems to be a learner struggling with each bit. He asks me why I am off sick bipolar affective disorder says I is that progressive, something I don't remember, which it wasn't or past, which it isn't. So he says its progressive! Computer says yes I may be entitled to something so now he says his colleague will book me in for a firther telephone interview and I shall have to go into the job centre. To produce documents. Intereting and other stuff. Then its off to the curry house to dine with JK and Jodie. Top stuff, two starters and bed.

No comments: