Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Ashes day

Monday final test England only need to draw. They gave me some hairy moments - Freddies dismissal it all seemed a bit grim. Then Pietersen took command and the skunk with the diamond earings did the trick. Even wheelie bin looked convincing. In the lunch break I had to nip to the Job Centre Plus and drop off my Med10. Gateway to my incapacity benefit. Fortunately on reception was Jean a nice lady we knew from Allys primary school. She famously once brushed allys hair for me when Jean was on a course. She was made up - she had a boychild. win win. Though aint sure Ally was pleased going out with an untidy mane. Anyway she seemed to know the Bobby Moore and ensured the bit of paper had at least a chance of connecting with the right people. The smell in the jobbie was a bit unwashed - or boysie as my mate phil might describe it. Home a quick lunch then picking Mac and Jude up from the Belfast. Mac was the geezer who helped me conquer my PTSD by near croaking in ITU and I had to visit him. Dropped em at the swush Crowne Plaza then off to queue for petrol though I didnt know why everyone else was panic buying me I just wanted bloody petrol. Still at least I could listen to cricket in the car though it wasnt TMS it was 5Live which was pants apart from Gatting seemed like a lont of folk who didnt have a clue using words like 5oclock and 3 oclock to describe field positions.
back home and caught the end on the telly. Even when it was in the bag it still seemed a bit of a dream. The end was odd Rudi and Billy didnt seem to know what to do and once again ICC Laws seemed to prevail over common sense.
Happy days.

No comments: