Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Tuesday

This senior manager stuff is serious I am acting the part. Mood wise things are improving slightly. The feeling of contributing in some way to the organisation is in itself rewarding. Still no news on re-organsation but business continues. I even start responding to serious emails. - that is scary.
A morning at the desk then onetoone with Val she is a great encourager. Then off to Hammy to see Jeanette she is heading up Single Asseessment using Easycare and a the web portal project for primary care amongst other things. A fine member of the LIS I ran in the Chester corporate cup with her Paul and Fran in 2003. The down to Mossley Hill to see Angela D who runs the learning and development bureau. Then home tea and off to the Speke starbucks with Ally.
Home tired.
Somehow Wednesday got missed out the final edit - how did that happen.
Nothing against it as a day just too darn busy to fit it in. I should have been over to Old Trafford home of Lancashire La-La-La for a seminar hosted by MR Vodafone given the wodge he is making out of the NHS he should have come and picked me up but I skip the thought of a corporate freebie (sorry learning opportunity) and stick to work - Serious stuff thinks I (again me acting responsibly in a manner becoming my role). I polish off lots of stuff at work then off to Hammy via M&S speke (Hoi sin duck wrap) apologies for a culinary reference - I was accused of to much detailed reportage on my troughing habits by blog followers. But given the title of my blog some mention of fodder is inevitable.
Anyway John Billo re N3 he starts with his usual lovable human friendly language of fat pipes and big boxes before we descend (or ascend) to gigabits and routers. He is a geek - he thinks I am one too. We both want an MP3 he is off to USA and willpick one up. We talk about N3 somebodys idea for a natty name for New National Network. Useful meet and we share a mutual interest in voice and data convergence. (Would you rather I talked about food).
Then meet Judie I havent googled her name as she has recently changed it. She is a practice nurse project manager in NCRS no link (cause I cant find one). Finish at ten to 4 and instead of heading home trundle to the matchworks. Call on mater on the way home - get in and relax.

No comments: