Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Tuesday off to Frank

In order to cease decline into a depressive phase I visit the good Doctor Hargreaves. He practises whole medicine. Mind body and soul gig. I realised over the weekend that I have several issues about my dad and postulate if my recurrent November downer is part of that. Clearly other facors are the seasonal change and the impending approach of Christmas. I am referred for counselling, a new spiritual study pack advised and add prozac into the mix. All good stuff. See Ida the practice manager and get gentle nudge about system upgrade (which needs doing). Off to Tesco fill the script and pop the pills. Checkout using the selfservice gig which is always good for a few homer moments. Back to the works and wade thro stuff. Plenty to do and it feels like I am catching up. Back home and intestinally disturbed ??? prozac usually thats nausea and this is kinda lower. Out to Greenbank (just Ally and I join David and Gwen for Tea) v. nice and a good few arrive for the support group. A guy M. who has lost a dramatic amount of weight has quite a profound effect on me. More in the way his life had changed than in his appearance. Once again realise that weight loss is only part of the issue - lifeback for guys like M. Gone from being housebound during daylight due to ridicule from kids to going on holiday abroad next week (and I have his permission to tell his tale). A good result.

No comments: