Sunday, December 22, 2002

Sunday night what happened to the last few days??

The last week has not been good - lots of negative feelings, food and christmas seem linked to me - probably washed down with ample beverages as well. Its been getting me down. though I have changed I haven't got my head round this yet. Being the size I was I played a role round mein host and bon viveur. Believe me we did a mean christmas dinner here. Its all the trimmings I want, stuffings (at least 4 types), sausages bacon, the ordinary stuff was good too. Honey glazed parsnips, my roasties are mean, and I can't mention the gravy. Plus the canapes, aperitifs, wines, liquers, port and numerous chocolates. Whilst I am made up at losing this weight I miss all that. Also I dont think me eating tiny amounts then wretching and barfing adds much to the Christmas experience. So thats where I am at up, and down sums it up well. Still trying to get on and I am convinvced that the operation was a) right for me and b) the right thing to do and c) a success. I'll try and pick over the last few days see what I've done.
Wednesday night went to Winwick Club - we won the quiz Mike, Margaret, Ian and Phil and I. I stayed out late and enjoyed myself.
Thursday - Was the Curry Club night out - I joined them for a drink in the dispensary then taxied up to Childwall to meet the staff from Taggart who had a good night out at Owens restaurant. I must confess to not being sober.
Friday Jean was off, Ally finished at noon. Sam came round to talk about work. I was energised by her enthusiasm and all she and the team have achieved. I felt like going back and starting work that afternoon. I cried off the Matchworks night out, I was going to go for a drink but didnt feel up to meeting so many people.
Saturday - slow day and started to get things together for Christmas found a good site Matt Granger A young Aussie lad (aged 21) who weighed more than me and has certainly made a transformation.

No comments: