Saturday, December 07, 2002

Saturday Morning

Didn't have time yesterday, tut tut tut. Thursday went fine all food staying in its appointed place. I feel a strange sense of dietary contentment. Woke up late on Friday morning - and rushed to get in the matchworks for 12. A lot of folk were busy when I arrived, I spoke to Neil the singing podiatrist and PEC member (he has lost three stone and looks good). He wanted to know what Christingle was all about. After a bit of digging on Google I found this "The Christingle is a custom that originated in the Moravian Church in 1747 and seeks to symbolise and celebrate the creation of the earth, its seasons, and the life of Jesus Christ showing Him to be the world's true light." Which sounds to have a very pagan basis to me. I also found this link which suggests its more about making money for this charity. I also spoke to Lyn who is doing some work around the intranet for South Liverpool PCT. I met the usual crowd over lunch, Sandra. Ali B., Ali P rushing off to a meeting, Andrea and Sheila and a cast of thousands. I hung around for about two hours like a bad smell. Before being engaged in some work by Linda from Finance, felt useful for a bit.Gave lyn a lift back to Hammy house, mostly to talk about the intranet developments. Picked mummy up from Nanny Banks at 5.30, they were late, they had been for Nannys pension and scored on some cheap lager on the way back. So my mothers efforts to push the wheelchair were hampered by he 24 can tray of lager she was carrying. Nanny couldn't hold the beer as she had the stash of spirits on her knee. It was bitterly cold as well. Where Nanny lives is rough a row of proud Victorian terraces off Kensington - undoubtedly the roughest part of town. It is the litter and dog dirt capital of the universe as well. Drug dealing is a frequent sight as are burnt out cars. It has all recently been renovated but its still rough.Some helpful children had took the lid off the fire hydrant. Which in good citizen mode I decided to replace. I struggled to my knees tottered and then fell over - with a thud, accompanied by a scream from Nanny sitting helpless abandoned in the wheelchair. I hurt my hip knee and hands - good citizenship a bad thing it seems. Took mother home and went to mother in laws after tea. Not before eating smoked trout and bread, not exactly a sandwich but getting there.Ally went to a disco and I fell asleep downstairs.

No comments: