Friday, December 13, 2002

Friday 13th

Anyone superstitious - no me neither. Yesterday was busy. I got to Tesco before 9 I wanted to buy Frank a christmas gift, champagne seemed appropriate. The wine aisle is a strange place at that time of the morning. One poor guy had two bottles of table wine and a Daily Star, £4.35. He wrapped the wine up in the paper, but I ended up behind him in the checkout. The front of the surgery is being altered and the path was all dug up, had to enter through the old front door. Frank was on top form, he seemed pleased with my progress and said I can go back to work anytime now, just negotiate the terms with my boss Val. Popped in to see mum and her dog on the way home. I had gone in my gym clothes with shorts underneath my long sweat pants. Twice these shorts ended up at my knees, so I returned home and donned some of my alternative boxer shorts and worked out with long trousers on. Although my dignity was preserved at all times the feeling of your shorts heading south is disconcerting to say the least. I had a good workout with 6 minutes extra cardiovascular work. I am aiming for 30 mins total by the end of January. Today I did 24.
I met Stella and Ann for lunch in the gym restaurant - I had liquidised wintervegetable soup, not sure what was in it though. Jean went out for an Indian and a few drinks with people from work. I was jealous, I really miss Indian food.

No comments: