Thursday, July 06, 2006

Thursday Colchester.

Wake up late to plan. Good kip though a waking hotel/restaurant is a noisy gaff.
Get the Grauniad and head for an AM snack. We split a bacon butty and a croissant. It says stack of bacon sarnies but I am presented with a double decker (of the finest bacon). Pricey but good. The we read papers and off to Colchester. Get a bit lost but get there in end. Well planned historic old town. We shop for books I pick up brain matters adventures of a brain surgeon, by Katrina S. Firlik. I had heard it on BBC R4 book of the week. Already made a good start. Ally rings up while we are in the Colchester castle park she is having a fabby time apart from getting tea gassed last night. French footy fans apparently. Then of to the sun inn at dedham for a pint and a bite of lunch. I opt for pork chop sage and butternut squash. Jean has tuna steak with peppers. Then we have a pleasant walk along the river stour, couple of scary cows but otherwise its funky and peaceful. Back to the hotel Jean kips I blog read brain matters and turn my stomach with the daily mail.
Pint of Greene King IPA in the garden for me. Bliss. Wake jean up now. Eating here tonight - I have a hankering for offal.

No comments: