Monday, July 17, 2006

On a train to Deva.

Somewhere under the Mersey. Busy weekend, had a committee meeting saturday at the east midlands meet. Got loads of business sorted. Some of which were major headaches. Two bigones AGM, (Liverpool 14th october I think) and my new position as bariatric nurse at Abbey Sefton Hospital. Social craic as ever. Fiona is sort of Billy Connollys sister I surprise myself by chairing the meeting well. I am helped considerably by comprehensive notes on the PC.
So plan is that I continue in protected work then move to either self employed or working for Abbey. This morning finds me off to Chester to meet with prof Kevin Sykes from the centre for exercise and nutrition studies at chester university. Trying to land a teaching gig there on the new MSc in weight management. Would do it if I could afford it but to be honest 4.5k is a bit beyond personal means. I may do a module or 2. Who knows.

No comments: