Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Tuesday morn

Wrenched from bed, sleep had been fitful woke at 4.10 feeling odd read and returned to sleep. Jean had dutifully placed tea and juice at the side of my slumbers. Then I remembered I was fasting and developed a mouth like I had a huge hangover. Dragged my self from the pit grunted at the girls and thought time to wake. Things seemed a bit more real as I hit SAJMH or garston as it ia better known. The phlebotomy girls hadn't started the waiting room was a seething mass of humanity and the display stuck on 30. I took my ticket and queued, my ticket was 10 to the power of 6 with a capital letter E in front, I can't remember much from my open university math's but that a bloody big number.
I adopt my usual policy of waving and smiling at anyone on the way in. Some respond others do not. Annie the walk in centre manager doesn't recognise me though an hour later I wish she had.
As number 49 comes up and 52 draws near making toilet becomes my only thought. What's the procedure if you miss yer turn???
Eventually getting tested for everything and not recognised I head back to the works

No comments: