Monday, September 01, 2003

Sunday

Much webbing and guilt about the Blog must get the files the youngster has done. She is tired and has a sub clinical URTI. I dabble in the kitchen at lunchtime and discover I have not a clue how to make gravy anymore. It comes back and I save the day. Chicken mash and gravy its the tops. After lunch we go to town to practice walking. We do about 2.2k including the hill in the corporate cup course. I see a really nice part of town up front and personal. Incorporating a substantial bit of the Ropewalks development zone. See a couple of red admirals and some fine buddlea on the way round. The hill near kills me I am minded of Sean Connerys Hill. His best film - I don't think so. What about the Japanese cop one or Clancy blockbuster Red October. I lose the girls due more to length of pace than speed and proceed alone up Upper Parliament Street. I am passed by a ambulance with blues and twos, how kind of the girls I think. But it passes me by, I have a boyish fascination with blue flashing lights and nearly fall down a fire hydrant that some one has left uncovered. Still its a good walk and back home for some healing ice cream.
Off to the Ship and Mitre my favourite aleouse for some Farmers boy and the preferable Jekylls Gold from Hydes. Meet a pre op and a post op boy we laff and what stuff we talk about.

No comments: