Tuesday, September 23, 2003

Monday - was meant to be off

I had booked the day off and Jon had out it in the diary but I find myself being booked into a really important GMS contract meeting at 3. Which requires a tad of preparation to boot. I fiddle in the morning at home. make lots of phone calls, including an interesting one to a woman from Woman magazine who is recruiting for a body confidence series and wants a woman who has dieted lost at least 10st then put some of it back on. Post about it but to no avail. Have lunch with Kim at the bear and staff in Gateacre, the food (fish pie) is delightful and they serve real ale with a selection of guest beers which rotate, albeit to an obviously corporate calender. I notice Directors and Old peculiar as standard as well. Worth a revisit. The city planners confound me by installing a roundabout at the junction of woolton road and Gateacre Brow. The fact the stop line seems to have been written in chalk and its raining torrentially dont help none either. Off to pick Sam up who is a star and has done her homework, she briefs me fully and the GMS meeting with Paul and Paul goes well. Back home and the inevitable lasagne for tea. Attack the Tivo and make it record to tape, most impressed indeed. Webbing early finish at 8.30 catch a surreal corrie and then waking the dead. Support group tonight so busy boy again.

No comments: