Monday, January 30, 2006

Sunday Service - was that an eagle

Off to Ruth and Pauls for lunch. Greeted by garlic smells. Good lamb based lunch, after the meal settling down to set u Pauls tripod with my new camera and lens. We are hoping to spot the woodpecker which is a regular visitor. I am alone and a bloody big brown bird swoops in hops round and sits on the hedge. I am no Bill Oddie, I can do robin,sparrow seagull and pidgeon. Add to that hovering kesterel and I am about done. Oenuins and flamingos too. So big brown bird dont fit. I havent even got the bloody camera out and I cant get it out quick enough I am struck dumb and its unwitnessed. Probably DT's I think Paul comes in and he said a sparrowhawk has visited then he sees it, its a kestrel. Top stuff. Home via Greenbank to get the car and Tesco for a bt of a shop.

No comments: