Wednesday, December 07, 2005

I have become Alan Partridge

Or more precisely an "Argos/world of leather man." Least thats how it looks in the pictures. I do increasingly find myself developing in to the worst of homer/meldrew/brent/partidge. Not pleasant - still the lack of work means less Brentisms. I did feel a moment or two coming on during my leaving speech but managed to steer away. Good to see Clarkey won a much deserved gong at the NW dada fest, though the sod did have a shameless appeal for votes. I voted of course. Jean admitted to voting in the sports personality of the year -HELP - next thing you know it will be strictly come dancing.
The room downstairs looks great with the downside is it makes the rest of the house look pants. Discuss dining room upgrade.
Jeans mum admitted to Royal then on to SAJMH with fractures in L4 and L5.
Telly arrives and is unpacked - it looks good.
Media PC set up but its a pig to configure to be honest. Still hours of fun to be had.
Allys surprise chrimbo pressie arrives - shes in so there goes the surprise.
I have been for my three year follow up.
I shall extract a post from WLSinfo
Went to Walton for my three year follow up appointment today. As ever in the NHS a wait for quality care but thats the penalty for a lengthy consultation in which you don't feel rushed. As at every stage of my care I felt blessed to have fallen on my feet again. I saw the new Consultant on the team Mr Macadam and was impressed.
I had gained but not within unmannageable paramaters (less than I dreaded). We talked about why and an action plan. (will post stats later).
We talked about my compliance with vits and minerals - 100% forceval, 40% zinc and calcium citrate /d3.
Discussed plastics - no thanks.
Discussed my mental health, social and psychological effects.
Bloods ordered Renal bone and Liver screen. Full Blood count, Vit D parathyroid Hormone, Trace elements,B12 and folate.
Offered dietitian consultation if required.
Met Physio from weight management clinic - Kate.
See in 1 year.
Once again excellent service from the team at Univeristy Hospitals Aintree.


Done well - weight up to 19st 12lb but he was happy - I am less happy but at least psychologically I didnt have the burden of breaking the 20st barrier.
Sure more has happened but detail is hard. Christmas looms and we need to get ship shape. Working today and I need to sort with Louise my days for the next couple of weeks.

No comments: