Friday, December 30, 2005

RIP Uncle Billy

Franks for a haircut where deaf peter treats me to a crumpet. He does the deed and back home get ready, cant find black tie borrow one from John next door. Off to springwood crem and give the flowers to the wrong undertaker- oops. He confirmed the name so I am guessing blame is shared.
Bit of a delay as Auntie Pat needs a bog stop. Into the chapel, kinda know the preacher worked with his sis who was Marys mate. Mary sat next to him at school. He did a kind of more religious gig than I expected. Nice service.
My personal reflection on Billy Connolly - favourite uncle - always generous and pleasant. Liked a pint or more, a bet, and footy. Loved his grandkids. Worked in the abbatoir - always giving me mum and dad meat when I was young. He and Auntie Pat could do a mean jive too. Steven his only son was more like a big brother to me when we grew up - I felt for him today. three pints and nice buffet. Back home and chills ville. Mum couldnt go hope its not the flu she is getting.

No comments: