Friday, December 16, 2005

Wednesday - talking to patients and surgeons.

The admin corridor is pervaded by the smell of a cooked breakfast. Put on as a treat for the surgeons attending the level two bariatric surgery course. I get involved with a couple of meaty jobs for Louise and I start to realise how much I enjoy working here. Just then Louise announces my replacement has been appointed. Pleased for them. Hey ho. Some of the Tyco people and the staff are off to 60 Hope Street, me I am off to the christmas quiz chinese meal. In the end I do neither and stop in. I was asked to give a patients perspective to the surgeons. Two interested looking blokes and miserable gas passer and a v. Interested bunch of women who I suspect are theatre nurses. I wind my home for a visit from the delightful Sandra Bagnall and the lovely Orlaith her and Mikes 4 month old sprogette. Jean goes clearly gaga. Babies do that don't they.

No comments: