Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Home from the house

Start the day with a meander in search of a paper and a bag somehow end up in covent garden. End up taking a number 1 breakfast in. Pontis then back to the hotel. Struggle with the tap in the bathroom and my third poo of the day. Don't know how much is big match nerves and how much prawn related action. Then I decide to go to watch the changing of the guard. Well its the tourist in us all. Arrive as the horseguards are trotting out the mall. Walk down to Buck House from the flag flying liz is in. Shame its a cold day as the soldiers have greatcoats on but I see two guys wandering round with the colours. most interesting I then wander up birdcage walk and add my insoles my feet hurt. Two plasters too. Then sort of get lost but come out at st annes gate at the side of the home office. Wander long and take a coffee at the westminster abbey coffee club pray for words of wisdom and some courage. Get to saint stevens entrance and am searched and scanned in to the main entrance and!
left to the great hall oldeat bit of westminster parts dating to 1066 impressive. I introduce myself and meet peter baker david haslam and howard stoate mp. They are the other speakers. I am bricking it. The room is called the jubilee room its up the stairs at the back. Posh ceiling and green chairs with a portcullis. I am cacking difficult audience with a couple of stern faces as usual I play for laffs and lock on the one really friendly face. She turns out to be atrustee of the mens health forum and publisher. I talk to her later dead sound woman. I think it goes down ok I play ball and stick to the brief but wlsinfo gets a mention. It goes well good questions and some good feedback. I enjoy two butties and three glasses of wine though I am drunk on the atmosphere. Even the toilets have a sense of history and occaision. I leave via the HOC gift shop and sanffle some goods. One tube stop and off at embankment. In to starbucks and chill with a well earned coffee. Then !
back to the hotel pick up bag and into the tourist stuffed sherlock ho
lmes theme pub stuff. Talk to some Americans and engage in polite small talk. Food is pooh and I make a poor choice. Train is at 7.18 so some surfing for me.

1 comment:

Kieran said...

Cool gig, sounds like it went well. Hope you stuck it to the MPs and reminded them there is life outside the Westminster Village.