Saturday, October 09, 2004

Friday

Annual leave today - top stuff. Exit the house about 11. Off to parcelforce at the end of the M62. Cardboard Ken heading for London pass him over the counter - lady says it is taller than 1.5m I look blankly - then rememeber bags of sugar is a kilo, and a litre of wine is a big bottle. A ruler is 30cm. Thats me and metric.
I grew up in a time when measurement knowledge was limited to Info from a red exercise book. I was a drachms reams and chains boy me. I remember filling the inkwells too for us poor sods who didnt have our own fountain pen - or if you was reet posh a cartridge pen.
Anyway I wander but inky blots and the smell of pumpbags, and stretch gusset pumps (couldnt do laces till secondary school still evoke happy feelngs. Sawdust and sick, the smell of TCP.
So i go into a mild fit of panic I ring Kieran the lad is the info king. I am mobile for Hammy House. Kieran is on the case. I'm into the library and Kieran has come up trumps. Mailboxes etc provide the solution. with help from DHL. I have a good meet with Adam. Then off to drop Ken on his was track his progess by entering 3919664700 in tracking. Stop of at franks for a haircut - hes on his dinner so I take a shandy in the old bank a dreadful gaff on the high street. Frank is in good form. Off home made a todo list and ticked all the boxes thats pleasing.
Ally in late from town so me and her miss Beas. Colin and Hannah pop round later and he seems on good form.

No comments: