Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Gawd bless the NHS

Up early, car running on vapour ages to get to the petrol station on the drive diesel in then amble along to Walton. The builders now charging a pound a throw for the carpark - nice.
Ok so I know withs 25 month but its near enough. Today was my formal 2 year follow up. Though i had to wait for my op longer than most I feel I have had pretty top monitoring and follow up. I am fortunate in having a top GP who has gone out of his way to learn about my op.
I have been seen at 6 weeks 3 months 6months 9mpnths 12 and 18 months. I have been weighed had several pints of blood taken and seen the dietitian quite a few times.
(All this excludes my hospitalisation for an unrelated condition).
So arrived today weighed on 2 scales - both showing I gained nobodys sure how much. Waited a long time, made less by the company of JK and Jody.
Saw Mr K he is happy with my weight (back he says to April 2004 level??). Health outcomes very positive.
Stocktake
Medication review
Solvazinc (Zn remains low)
Zoton (routine antiulceragent)
Forceval
Adcal
All bloods have been fine apart from vit D (which necessitated course of ADcal D3) and Zn
Bloods taken today today:-
All the usual marlarkey (u+e's), FBC (my platelets have been low), Liver studies, bone studies. VitA and Vit D now being monitored in long limb Roux-en-Yers.
Discussion about plastics do I wanna chance re-referral - no - I have lost some weight, not enough and to be honest cant afford time off and still scared of hospital. See yer in a year.
I was 208kg first time I met Mr K and went up to 216kgpre op I got down to nearly 100kg when I was ill, and I looked ghastly - now somewhere round 112-115 and I feel fine.
When I had my op I was determined to reach BMI25 it was the only target worthy of consideration. Now I am chuffed to be where I am - Jody (Mrs JK ) said I would look shocking with another 3 and half stone off me - and I feel OK with it. This body aint winning now beauty awards, but its gonna do its job for a lot longer.
It feels OK with itself, just got to let me head catch up now and I'll be fine.
Off to see WRVS ladies - with their I cant believe its not butter toast.
In toSainsburys, then home to rest. I am exhausted, more so since I seen the letter from Prof Moriss saying I may be over sedated. (not that I am suggestible) OK I am.
Idle around - tesco online arrives three bags missing -ring man in dundee who rings man in van who brings it 10 mins later.
Ally at confirmation class - I lie on couch looking like ballet star her and jean go off to a headmasters talk at St Hildas. The headline according to Jean is Feed your girls well. And a sheaf of propaganda saying how good they are.(the school).
I have enjoyed mastermind and university challenge. A very early night - oh dear I am in serious be healthy mode.

No comments: