Sunday, October 17, 2004

Conference Thursday.

Overslept - set up laptop at stand and then off to buffet breakfast. Top stuff. Come back refreshed. Decide to focus energy on stand and networking, and chilling. Morning sessions pass by, I am saving myself for the CMOs session. Someone said they had seen him earlier in the year and he was showing a slide of me. I am dubious.
Rachel from GMTV comes in after lunch and we have a chat about a forthcoming project - nope not me - more details to follow when sorted.
We toddle off together to see the Chief Medical Officers Presentation. I liked it and yup he showed a picture of me and talked about Bariatric Surgery and how medical professions should embrace it as a treatment a small group of obese patients. Top stuff he named me and mentioned we had spoken on the same bill at Telford. Cool nice to be remembered and even though he hadnt asked before good that he is passing out my image and the message. Ian tells me later he has seen him use it several times in the past. He talks about at least five a week which I need to read and implement in my life.
Then its Tony Underwood he tells his story and I admire his straightness and inspirational sort of stuff.
He gets slammed by the dietitians in the audience for advocating meal replacement. After swapping from rugy man to pilot his weight didnt increase but body fat went right up and his shape changed. I shall be dropping him an email.
Then its into a debate led by Dr Hilary who I dont know. He is off the telly and appears to be attractive to women of a certain age. He is leading a debate which is Proposed by this chap who is controversial but says a variety of things from moderately funny to offensive. I felt a tad uncomfortable at several points. Couldnt decide if he was taking the mickey.
He was opposed by tony and Ian from here he was supported by someone different to the program. Anyway it passed the last hour.
So then downstairs pack up (most of which the girls had done) goodbye to Jane then off to foyer where me and nell are stood sipping champagne with the NOF crew top stuff. Feel we have arrived.
Then we start getting stuff ready and pete arrives takes us to the airport. Check in snack pint and shop. On to the city of manchester flown by sandy browne of VLM drink, butty lot smoother flight and then land. Fine taxi home bad. A success. WLSinfo has arrived.

No comments: