Saturday, August 14, 2004

Slackware 10 part 2

Oh its all gone quiet over there. Nope still updating my gnome docs must be v.important. Jean is gonna kill me I been sat here since she went out. Must go for a walk this evening. At which jecture my dusty gym key stares back at me accusingly.
It looks a bit hesitant at this point but its accessing the hard drive. I shall go freshen ready for the demands of creating a root password and a user account.
Kernel choice it defaukts to bare.i/bzImage
I go for that - blooming hard typing this on my pda by the way.
Make a boot floppy on hdc0
Done
No modem
Hot pug subsystem? Yup
Lilo go for simple hang on read mag yup simple
Frame buffer config go for slow with cool penguin logo.
Optional lilo append - erm no
Lilo destination now the boof says reject the defaults and pick the possibly unsafe MBR hey I I've om the edge.
Mouse easy hmmm network
Hostname easy
Domain name hmm does it need to be real?dhcp I know that bit - dhcp hostname nah
Start up services not a baldy clue
I go bsd Inetd
Custom screen fonts nah
Clock don't like that defaults to us and gb aint in europe.
Desktop I go kde despite the appeal of cholesterol free.
Here we go moment of truth exit and ctrl -alt-del
Lilo gives me a windows linux choice
Penguin looks good
Iinux login
Success
Now for an account

No comments: