Saturday, August 14, 2004

Out with suse welcome slack alice ware

Yup more Linux shenanigans I shouldn't be allowed near computers, well experimental ones. Had a mrnins sheer pleasure in the inux world me and suse even learned how to add packages then kaboom it won't reboot it aint well. Ah well. Linux format magazine to the rescue and slackware install underf way. I learn how to partition and have create a user and login at the bash prompt. This is getting dirty but more fun then the sanitised lifeless experience that is windows. No wonder these geeks whiff, I have forgotten to wash - just kidding. Some of the package names are funny.
Ogg vorbis?
Ncurses?
Pango?
What's a windows boy to do?
Apache - may run a website from this box?this is anorak heaven - which reminds me a piece in grauniad today about the forgotten victims of increased extra security.
Who is it - aviation spotters?
Why coz dem babylon won't let em hang oiut at heathrow collecting registration numbers. Spose the anorak could conceal a SAM or a dirty bomb. Sign em up as specials I say.
Meanwhile slackware????
Tetex? Will that be tetex XP or don't it work like that. Oh interestin its related to LaTeX?
Tix! Everything seems to have extensions too.
I have to decide which desktop to run, see its exciting.
I want a wee but I am too nervous to go in case I have to swap a cd.
BTW suse is binned coz of probs with my craclib and cdrao packages.
There is a thing to use msn. Wonder if that's how pete has got jane pugged into. Thinks I'll copy her to this for his view. He is the linux king. Mozilla at last a name I know.
Netscape too, that's another plus of linux choice. Billy boy gates hates choice.
Troube is I don't know how to pronounce all these words. Never heard no one saying them.
Is it linniks or lienikks.
Is it suze or susy.
Package series Y games
Oh oh disk change.
Which reminds me dear reader did I tell you that suzy possessed the cd drive. She kept spitting it out for no reason even when empty. Any ideas peter?
Gnumeric goodbye excel.
Jean just rang from town wanting allys number. I couldn't wait for the call to end so I coud get back to watching me install. Metacity
Nautilus dynamic and rich user experience.
Yelp
See the geezer doing the names likes a laff.
Do viruses attack linux?? Peter??
Kdegames seem like fun.
Btw the windows box is running media player playing babylon by bus. So I is well cool easy skanking.
Gotta go to me mams but this too much fun.
If procrastination was an olympic sport I'd bee up there.
I am sick ot the thing aready. Jean is/was loving it. The cable tv after being down since last night repaired by tall techie is up the shoot again. Or should that be chute.
Quanta plus
Hang on font config update
Update gnome documentation.
Scrol-keeper update.
The anticipation is doing my head in. I better send this now

No comments: