Thursday, August 19, 2004

Edinburgh day one

So a number 10 bus to the city centre. Discharged us on to princes street, atrot up a hill to the festival office. Pick up tickets and we split into 2 parties at bristo square. Jean and I find a nice square after drinking my water, I reaise there was a beer trailer. We have a hot dog tres bon. Then its off to pod deco, refreshed by a pislner urquell then in to see doc laurence clark in screen 2.
Clarky was well tops. Enjoyed hid rant about jim davidson he engaged the audience with skill. He then went on to assassinate blair and bemoan being classed as being special or substandard as he suggests it really means. 9/10 for me but he's me mate. Jean really liked it too. Then its off to the assembly rooms george street. I comment that the weather aint been bad. Just then the heavens open as we are queing we get soaked to the skin. We get in time for a wee then the Nancy Cartwright my life as a 10 year old boy. She is the voice behind bart simpson and some other characters. Her vocal skillls are impressive her anecdotes witty but she seemed to use a lot of video to me. Still good show 3/5 from me, 3.5/5 from ally who reallly enjoyed it. Then a stroll down to an italian gaff for supper. Tres bien.

8400 steps today.

No comments: