Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Pressed send instead of save.

Easily done so I continue.
Hit Portsmouth andrew cleverly avoids the pirate parking and we hit an Ncp run muti storey. Into the historic dockyards and we sign up for a 2 year season ticket each. I wasn't buying him flowers so I figure its a good gift. We hit the mary rose museum which was good and then a guided tour of HMS victory with a n old salt who reminded me of the chairman of a local trust. His delivery was initially poor but warmed up. The thing itself was stunning and it was difficult to imagine 850 men living aboard. Then we chugged along for our harbour tour which we both enjoyed saw plenty of naval ships which I was well into. I aint sure about boats but I managed ok. We had to rush for food and the selection for food was pants got two pies for 4.50. Eat them on the boat. The skipper was quite amusing and drop his mate a Quid tip on the the way out. Impressed by the spinnaker tower and landed at the shopping centre as the tide was low. Walked back to the museum and went in to see the Mary!
Rose my word it was impressive. I was dead impressed. Then we walked back to the shopping centre found a coffee shop then I went on the hunt for a pressie for Jean. Mission accomplished we went upstairs to the santa fe restaurant. A sort of tex mex gaff I opted for two starters shrimp fritter things and crab cakes the guy told me to add in some new spuds. They was good it was a bit hot. Then wander back along the coast to shoreham by Sea. Real nice pub and the group meets in the back room. Deeply moved by the warmth of welcome. Good for me in terms of feeling positive. Ann and Rick run a great group and full credit to them. I won't list people but its moving the changes to their lives that WLS has made. I won't single names out cos I am bound to miss people but met a reallife blogwatcher allison. I said I would mention you. She pointed out how much the blog focusses on food. I recall what a foodie I am at heart. Great meet rounded off by two pints of Greene King IPA. Then!
hours drive to andrew diverting to a 24 hour Tesco near where Jane li
ves. Get a few things then back home. Too late a night given the planned early start.

No comments: