Friday, November 04, 2005

Home Tired and Sober

Have decided to stay dry for November a kind of I can do it if I really want to type feeling. Feels hard but truth is alcohol cost money is unused calories and makes my moods more unreliable. I like it though - too much so a months abstinence is planned. I find abstinence easier than control - something else about my binary personality. I pick 1st November for several reasons - a) its not a Monday and b)Tuesday is a cell night easy to avoid the devils buttermilk and c) Wednesday is a winwick quiz night. As ever I feel strangely more hungover but definitely by Friday morning the smug satisfaction is creeping in. There are two tins of stella in the fridge and I open the door to laff at them. I do lunch Thursday at short notice with Kim as enjoyable as ever. She has had a 15 day stint recently so thwacking her performance is my first target. I feel more organised and able to achieve more of an evening mid afternoons finds me well goosed though wonder what that's about.
Jeans new car arrives Thursday PM. Citroen C3 Desire in Iron Grey she's made up and it is pleasing. Friday morning nice Yorkshire man takes Zafira home and I am Mr Fiesta till me money comes through. Not looking forward to buying a car.

No comments: